Step 1: Evaluate the current network, operations, and network management infrastructure
- Use word processing software to create a Project Plan Checklist document based on this lab.
- From the case study, document, identify, and assess the current state of the following factors:
- Assess the ability of the current operations and network management infrastructure to support a new technology solution. On the checklist, list the following categories and include what changes must be completed before the implementation of any new technology solution.
- • Infrastructure
- • Personnel
- • Processes
- • Tools
- Identify and add to the checklist any custom applications that may be required for the new network.
Step 2: Outline the project plan
- To manage the project, the project plan includes five components. List these five components and an example of each, and then add them to the checklist. Jawaban: 1) Tasks· (Install wireless Access Points, configure routers), 2) Timelines and critical milestones· (Calendar or chart), 3) Risks and constraints· (Temporary loss of services, budget), 4) Responsibilities· (Allocation of tasks), 5) Resources required: (Cabling, equipment, time, specialist skills)
- The plan needs to be within the scope, cost, and resource limits established by the business goals.
- The FilmCompany and the stadium management need to assign staff to manage the project from each of their perspectives
- Save your Project Plan Checklist document. You will use it during the next stages of this network design case study.
Step 3: Reflection
Sometimes apparent urgency, pressure to present results, and enthusiasm for a project can create a work environment that causes projects to be started before proper planning has been completed. Consider and discuss the potential problems that result from starting a network upgrade before completely assessing the existing network.