1. A network engineer is implementing a network design using VLSM for network 192.168.1.0/24. After subnetting the network, the engineer has decided to take one of the subnets, 192.168.1.16/28 and subnet it further to provide for point-to-point serial link addresses. What is the maximum number of subnets that can be created from the 192.168.1.16/28 subnet for serial connections?
2. When running NAT, what is the purpose of address overloading?
• allow multiple inside addresses to share a single global address
3. What two advantages does CIDR provide to a network? (Choose two.)
• reduced routing table size
• reduced routing update traffic
4. How does a router keep track of which inside local address is used when NAT overload is configured?
• The router adds an additional bit to the source IP address and maintains a separate table.
5. What is a characteristic of a classful routing protocol on the network?
• Updates received by a router in a different major network have the default mask applied.
6. Refer to the exhibit. Which address is an inside global address?
7. Refer to the exhibit. All networks that are shown have a /24 prefix. Assuming that all routes have been discovered by all routers in the network, which address will successfully summarize only the networks that are shown?
8. What is the CIDR prefix designation that summarizes the entire reserved Class B RFC 1918 internal address range
9. Which NAT term refers to the IP address of your inside host as it appears to the outside network?
• inside local IP address
10. A network administrator is asked to design a new addressing scheme for a corporate network. Presently, there are 500 users at the head office, 200 users at sales, 425 at manufacturing, and 50 at the research site. Which statement defines the correct VLSM addressing map with minimal waste using the 172.16.0.0/16 network?
• 172.16.48.0/19 head office
11. A company using a Class B IP addressing scheme needs as many as 100 subnetworks. Assuming that variable length subnetting is not used and all subnets require at least 300 hosts, what subnet mask is appropriate to use?
12. Host A in the exhibit is assigned the IP address 10.118.197.55/20. How many more network devices can be added to this same subnetwork?
13. Refer to the exhibit. RIP version 2 is configured as the network routing protocol and all of the default parameters remain the same. Which update is sent from R2 to R3 about the 10.16.1.0/24 network connected to R1?
14. What range of networks are summarized by the address and mask, 192.168.32.0/19?
• 192.168.0.0/24 – 192.168.31.0/24
15. Refer to the exhibit. Based on the output of the show ip nat translations command, which kind of address translation is in effect on this router?
16. How many addresses will be available for dynamic NAT translation when a router is configured with the following commands?
17. Refer to the exhibit. Which two IP addresses could be assigned to the hosts that are shown in the exhibit? (Choose two.)
18. What are the network and broadcast addresses for host 192.168.100.130/27? (Choose two.)
• network 192.168.100.0
• network 192.168.100.128
19. Refer to the exhibit. Which two are valid VLSM network addresses for the serial link between Router1 and Router2? (Choose two.)
20. When configuring NAT on a Cisco router, what is the inside local IP address?
• the IP address of an outside host as it appears to the inside network