1. What can be found at the enterprise edge?
• Internet, VPN, and WAN modules
2. In which functional area of the Cisco Enterprise Architecture should IDS and IPS be located to detect and prevent services from accessing hosts?
• Enterprise Edge
3. A business consultant must use Internet websites to research a report on the e-business strategies of several firms and then electronically deliver the report to a group of clients in cities throughout the world. Which two teleworker tools can the consultant use to accomplish this project? (Choose two.)
4. Which two measures help ensure that a hardware problem does not cause an outage in an enterprise LAN that supports mission critical services? (Choose two.)
• providing failover capability
• installing redundant power supplies
5. Which task would typically only require services located at the access layer of the hierarchical design model?
• printing a meeting agenda on a local departmental network printer
6. How does a VPN work to support remote user productivity?
• It uses encapsulation to create a secure tunnel for transmission of data across non-secure networks.
7. A remote user needs to access a networking device on the internal network of the company. The transactions between the remote user and the device must be secure. Which protocol enables this to happen securely?
8. What does VoIP provide to telecommuters?
• real-time voice communications over the Internet
9. Which functional component of the Cisco Enterprise Architecture is responsible for hosting internal servers?
• enterprise campus
10. What is the purpose of the Cisco Enterprise Architecture?
• divide the network into functional components while still maintaining the concept of Core, Distribution, and Access Layers
11. Which two solutions would an enterprise IT department use to facilitate secure intranet access for remote workers? (Choose two.)
• user authentication
12. Which statement describes the difference between an enterprise WAN and an enterprise extranet?
• An enterprise WAN is designed to interconnect branch offices, while an enterprise extranet is designed to give access to external business partners.
13. Why would a network administrator want to limit the size of failure domains when designing a network?
• reduces the impact of a key device or service failure
14. What is the main purpose of the Access Layer in a hierarchically designed network?
• serves as a network connection point for end-user devices
15. Which three functions are performed at the Distribution Layer of the hierarchical network model? (Choose three.)
• forwards traffic that is destined for other networks
16. What is a benefit of having an extranet?
• It allows suppliers and contractors to access confidential internal information using controlled external connections.
17. What are two important characteristics or functions of devices at the Enterprise Edge? (Choose two.)
• providing intrusion detection and intrusion prevention to protect the network against malicious activity
• providing packet inspection to determine if incoming packets should be allowed on the enterprise network
18. Why is TCP the preferred Layer 4 protocol for transmitting data files?
• TCP is more reliable than UDP because it requires lost packets to be retransmitted.
19. The ABC Corporation implements the network for its new headquarters using the Cisco Enterprise Architecture. The network administrator wants to filter the traffic from and to the outside world. Where should the administrator deploy a firewall device?
• enterprise edge
20. Which two statements are reasons why UDP is used for voice and video traffic instead of TCP?(Choose two.)
• The acknowledgment process of TCP introduces delays that break the streams of data.
• UDP does not have mechanisms for retransmitting lost packets.