CCNA Discovery 2 Module 8 Exam Answers Version 4.0
1. Which AAA service reduces IT operating costs by providing detailed reporting and monitoring of network user behavior, and also by keeping a record of every access connection and device configuration change across the network?
2. Which three items are normally included when a log message is generated by a syslog client and forwarded to a syslog server? (Choose three.)
• date and time of message
• ID of sending device
• message ID
3. What is the advantage of using WPA to secure a wireless network?
• It uses a 128-bit pre-shared hexadecimal key to prevent unauthorized wireless access.
4. A company wants to configure a firewall to monitor all channels of communication and allow only traffic that is part of a known connection. Which firewall configuration should be deployed?
• packet filtering
5. A server log includes this entry: User student accessed host server ABC using Telnet yesterday for 10 minutes. What type of log entry is this?
6. What two measures help to verify that server backups have been reliably completed? (Choose two.)
• reviewing backup logs
• performing trial backups
7. Which means of communication does an SNMP network agent use to provide a network management station with important but unsolicited information?
8. Which three protocols are used for in-band management? (Choose three.)
9. A hacker has gained access to sensitive network files. In analyzing the attack, it is found that the hacker gained access over a wireless segment of the network. It is further discovered that the only security measure in place on the wireless network is MAC Address Filtering. How is it likely that the hacker gained access to the network?
• The hacker obtained the MAC address of a permitted host, and cloned it on his wireless laptop NIC.
10. A network administrator is assigning network permissions to new groups of users and employing the principle of least privilege. Which two actions should the administrator take? (Choose two.)
• Provide users with only the access to resources required to do their jobs.
• Allow users to decide how much permission they need to accomplish their job tasks.
11. Which three protocols describe methods that can be used to secure user data for transmission across the internet? (Choose three.)
12. Which benefit does SSH offer over Telnet when remotely managing a router?
13. Which of the following does SNMP use to hold information collected about the network?
• network management databaset
14. What are two potential problems with using tape media to back up server data? (Choose two.)
• Tape is not a cost-effective means of backing up data.
• Tape drives require regular cleaning to maintain reliability.
15. What is the term for the public network between the boundary router and the firewall?
16. Which two characteristics of network traffic are being monitored if a network technician configures the company firewall to operate as a packet filter? (Choose two.)
17. When is the use of out-of-band network management necessary?
• when the management interface of a device is not reachable across the network
18. What network layer security protocol can secure any application layer protocol used for communication?
19. Before a technician upgrades a server, it is necessary to back up all data. Which type of backup is necessary to ensure that all data is backed up?
20. What AAA component assigns varying levels of rights to users of network resources?