1. In an 8 bit binary number, what is the total number of combinations of the eight bits?
2. Convert the decimal number 231 into its binary equivalent. Select the correct answer from the list below.
3. How many usable hosts are available given a Class C IP address with the default subnet mask?
4. Which statement describes NAT overload or PAT?
• Each internal address is dynamically translated to an individual external IP address.
5. Which IPv4 class of addresses provides the most networks?
• Class A
6. Which statement accurately describes public IP addresses?
• Public IP addresses must be unique across the entire Internet.
7. Which two statements describe classful IP addresses? (Choose two.)
• The number of bits used to identify the hosts is fixed by the class of the network.
• Up to 24 bits can be used to identify unique networks.
8. Company XYZ uses a network address of 192.168.4.0. It uses the mask of 255.255.255.224 to create subnets. What is the maximum number of usable hosts in each subnet?
9. hat is the network broadcast address for a Class C address of 192.168.32.0 with the default subnet mask?
10. Refer to the exhibit. Host A is connected to the LAN, but it cannot get access to any resources on the Internet. The configuration of the host is shown in the exhibit. What could be the cause of the problem?
• The default gateway is a network address.
11. IPv6 increases the IP address size from 32 bits to how many bits?
12. What is the range of the first octet in a Class B address?
• 128 to 191
13. Which IPv4 class provides the highest number of host addresses per network?
• Class A
14.refer to the exhibit. Which range of IP addresses would allow hosts that are connected to the Router1 Fa0/0 interface to access outside networks?
• 192.168.1.0 through 192.168.1.95
15. Which option shows the proper notation for an IPv6 address?
16. What are two reasons that NAT was developed? (Choose two.)
• to make routing protocols operate more efficiently
• to allow private addresses to be routed on the public Internet
17. What must happen for a privately addressed host on an inside local network to be able to communicate with an outside destination host on the Internet?
• The host IP address must be translated to an outside private address.
18. Which port numbers are used by PAT to create unique global addresses?
• 255 and below
19. Static NAT works by mapping a specific inside local IP address to what other specific address type?
• inside global
20. What are three advantages of NAT implementations? (Choose three.)
• improved security
• improved router performance
• improved scalability